Welcome to the Max Finkelstein website, operated by Max Finkelstein, Inc. (“MFI”) and located at www.maxfinkelstein.com (the "Site"). This Privacy Statement addresses MFI’s practices regarding information collected from visitors of the Site and only addresses information collected directly through or from the Site – it does not address or govern any information gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from the visitor (sometimes referred to as a “visitor,” "you" or "your") other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media. MFI can be contacted by telephone at (718) 777-6200, or by post at 2840 31st Street, Astoria, New York 11102. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into MFI's Terms and Conditions by reference, as if set forth fully therein, which must be reviewed and accepted by you. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 18. It does not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors. Except as specifically set forth herein, MFI may collect (a) the e-mail addresses of users that communicate with MFI via e-mail; (b) information knowingly provided by the user in online informational sections, registration, or membership forms; and (c) information gathered through the analysis of cookies, or any other methods of internet browsing analysis, such as Google Analytics. Specifically, and in order to register for certain services of the Site, you may be required to provide additional personal information about you and your company, such as your name, the company with which you are employed or affiliated, address and other relevant personal information. If you do not wish to provide such information to the Site, you will be unable to register and/or to obtain products or services from the Site. When a visitor performs a search within the Site, MFI may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed and recording information related to the search request.
2. Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by MFI may be used by MFI for limited purposes, including recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to MFI, may be added to MFI’s databases and used for future contact regarding MFI’s products and services, as well as Site updates.
From time to time, MFI may need to contact you for registration-related activities. You agree that MFI may use your personal information for such membership-related contact with you. MFI may also desire to contact you for market research purposes or to provide you with marketing information MFI believes would be of particular interest. You will have the option of not being contacted by MFI and opting-out of such contacts by setting the appropriate option in your profile.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as specifically set forth herein, any personal information that you provide to MFI on the Site will not be disclosed to other third-party entities. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which MFI enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by MFI in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of MFI or any other person or entity. Please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to MFI via the Site or Internet electronic mail cannot be guaranteed, including, for example, personal information such as your address or name.
4. Security Measures and Communicating with MFI Despite MFI’s efforts to protect your personal information, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from MFI via this Site or via e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, MFI is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Instead of communicating with MFI via e-mail or the Internet, visitors can contact MFI via the other methods listed in the Preamble to this Privacy Statement.
5. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request via postal mail or telephone, MFI will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by MFI that has been voluntarily provided by you to MFI through online forms, registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting MFI via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses or numbers above. Except as necessary to obtain the services or information requested, You may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided to MFI through online forms, membership or registration forms, e-mail, or another online avenues, prospectively retained by MFI or used by MFI for secondary purposes, by contacting MFI via postal mail or telephone at the addresses set out above. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the visitor to the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description in this Section 5.
6. Right to Change Privacy Statement. MFI may change this Privacy Statement at any time. Notice of any new or revised Privacy Statement, as well as the location of the new or revised statement, will be posted on the Site for at least twenty (20) days after the change. It is the obligation of visitors returning to the Site to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made.
Dated: July 23, 2013
Copyright © 2013 Max Finkelstein, Inc.; All rights reserved.